Thursday, May 5, 2011

too much inspiration?




Is there such a thing? I really think it has more to do with procrastination. I earn a blue first place ribbon on that on a regular basis! I will usually try to limit my online blog browsing time but with all these really amazing blogs with amazing photos and projects it really is hard to limit myself. I will get so inspired that I start to research something and then that takes me to another place and so on...then I find myself looking outside my window and it's dark outside. The day is over. ARG!

I'm going to start limiting myself to an hour THAT'S IT! I have a few projects I'm working on and many many on my to do list. One of those is a quilt with the new Denyse Schmidt Picnic and Fairgrounds collection, which I was happy to find at my local Joann's. I love this quilt pattern that Little Miss Shabby adapted from this free pattern. I may have to try it and I'm thinking Picnic and Fairgrounds would be the perfect collection to use.



In other news, I finally gave my friend Sara this quilt I made for her little boy to come. Everyone at the baby shower loved it. Which warmed my heart cause I still can't totally get used to the fact that people love what I do. I love giving people handmade gifts I think it has a lot more meaning.



I did worry a little bit about the type of quilting I did on it. It's not a continuous kind of thing. I did each square separately and in the end I actually LOVED the effect once I washed it and dried it. It's lovely. On the back I gave it two small circles to tie in the front with the back.




AND to finish this post I have to say that I made THE best deviled eggs ever. I love the classic flavors. Mayo, dijon mustard, regular yellow mustard, salt and pepper and a little paprika for garnish. Amazing lunch time treat for me today specially with this lovely weather!



Summer I'm ready for you :)

2 comments:

RunnerAAA said...

Hi Sandy,

Do you have a recipe for the deviled eggs? They looks sooo good!

Sandy said...

Hi!

They ARE good! I love eggs!
What I like about the recipe is that it's really really simple but tastes so good!

Here is the original recipe:

Deviled Eggs

Ingredients

4 eggs
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and pepper, to taste
paprika

Directions

Boil the eggs with whatever method you like best or that works for you.

The method that works for me: put eggs in saucepan fill with enough water to cover the eggs about an inch or so over. Bring to a boil. Once you bring to a boil turn off the heat, cover the saucepan and leave eggs sitting there for 15 minutes. *this usually gives me pretty eggs with no green or gray film around the egg yolks*

When eggs are cool enough to handle, take them out of the water. Carefully peel off the shell.

Cut each egg in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Use a spoon to carefully scoop the yellow part of the egg and put in a bowl. Put the egg whites on a serving platter off to the side.

Add mayo and mustard to the yolks. Mash everything together until there are no lumps left. Add salt and pepper to your taste.

Fill pastry bag and attach decorative tip (or ziploc bag cut a corner and you're set!)with the yolk mixture and pipe filling into the egg whites.

Sprinkle with paprika.

Note: I usually don't ever measure when I make these, I taste as I go and add more of whatever it needs mayo or mustard. Same with salt and pepper. Because sometimes I make way more than 4 eggs and sometimes I just want a small snack so I'll make 2 eggs.

ENJOY!