Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's been a while...



Man! Things have been a little hectic over here in my little corner of the world. I think a proper blog is due but tonight I just wanted to share one of the best cupcake recipes EVER. Ever since I was little Cinnamon Toast Crunch has been my favorite cereal besides Corn Flakes of course. I was browsing over on Pinterest and saw the recipe for these amazing cupcakes and knew I HAD to make them. I wasn't prepared for how delicious these would truly be! I had to share the recipe too good to keep to myself :) WARNING: the frosting is to die for so please do not try to eat and hoard the whole bowl of it before you decorate the cupcakes as I tried to do!




Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes (recipe from: Your Cup of Cake)

Cinnamon Cake:
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
¾ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup sour cream
Vanilla Cake Mix (not white cake mix)
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch, lightly crushed

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Buttercream:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder (make sure it's powder if not it will clog your tip and frosting bag when you try to pipe the frosting on the cupcakes)
(Crush the cereal in a bag and then sift out 2/3 cup leave some for garnishing on top)


Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with 20-22 cupcake liners.
2.In a large bowl, gently combine eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla.
3.Mix in sour cream.
4.Add cake mix and cinnamon and mix until smooth.
5.Stir in lightly crushed cereal.
6.Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7.Buttercream: Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Adjust the consistency using milk if it is too thick. ( I also added a half a teaspoon of cinnamon...cause I love the stuff!)
8.Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with some cinnamon toast crunch powder and Cinnamon Toast Crunch squares.

These were a major hit! Perfect for all those Christmas parties right now :)




No comments: