Sunday, January 9, 2011

cupcake stuff



I think I'm going a little crazy on the cupcakes! Oh man, but it's so fun. I wanted a reason to use my 1M tip to swirl on the frosting. I still need more practice but I think I did ok on my first time. I was reading this new blog I came across called CakeJournal and I loved one of her tips for making your own color sprinkles using any type of white sprinkle. I followed her directions HERE and made my own. I love this idea because you can make as little or as much as you want.



I was at the cake supply store and bought some packaging for the cupcakes and found the best containers! They were pretty cheap too. Not sold on the white box it looks cute but I think they would move around and mess up the frosting in travel but the clear plastic ones are awesome!





Next up I'm going to try making the cake mix from scratch using some great recipes, like Martha Stewart's tiramisu cupcake recipe wish me luck!

No comments: