Sunday, January 2, 2011

I love cupcakes!



Happy New Year!

One of my resolutions is to blog more, try new projects, and bake more! Soooo all day yesterday I baked mini cupcakes, regular cupcakes and made that lovely cupcake stand. I made milk chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting yum! I think my favorite part of making cupcakes is decorating. I didn't just want to use just one type of sprinkle I used a few different kinds. I thought I would have a little photo shoot just for fun :) I collected some of my favorite teacups and my teapot and used them as props.






The other day I went to the cake and candy supply shop (which I love btw) and saw this plain white cardboard Wilton cupcake stand. I already own a metal one and and a plastic one but wanted to make my own and got inspired by one I saw online in a blog. I can't really remember where I saw it but it made in impression on me. I used some pretty scrapbooking paper, double sided tape or tags, and the plain cupcake stand. I just traced the parts and taped them and assembled the stand. I added some words to give it more whimsy. It was actually fun and easy.







Then I saw THIS tutorial over at Birds Party Blog and knew I had to make my own. I bought some heavy card stock in some pretty prints, downloaded the template, traced on the card stock, cut, glued (I used my handy glue gun for faster drying purposes) and I came up with these:



I also got the little strawberry cake topper from Paperglitter. If you go to her blog there's a place for FREE PRINTABLES, you can choose from a variety of cute cupcake toppers. I chose the strawberry, perfect for my set up.





Loved setting up my little cupcake shoot! It was something I've wanted to do for a while. Now off to eat some of those yummy cupcakes :)

No comments: