Monday, August 1, 2011

Pinterest and other addicting things

Pinterest...ok so it's really not what I need but I love it! I can be on there for hours pinning away! Now if you don't know what in the world I'm talking about go HERE.(<----CLICK) It's really not something I can easily explain. I get a lot of inspiration and ideas for many things, I find funny pictures or quotes, craft ideas, food recipes and many other things. BUT it does take a lot of time out of my day I have to limit myself if not I'll be on there foreeevvveeer!

So speaking of other addicting things, who would have ever thought I would one day call a Kitchenaid mixer my best friend?! Or who would have ever thought I would be so anal about my recipe binders, box. More importantly who would have ever thought I'd actually HAVE a recipe binder???? That I would spend hours organizing, spend money on the cutest recipe cards and more hours reading all kinds of food blogs? Not me! Baking and cooking is like therapy for me now, I don't even mind doing the dishes afterwards and BELIEVE me washing dishes was something I would NEVER in a million years would have said I wouldn't mind doing. Now it's like part of the whole cooking and baking thing.

Procrastination is another addicting thing oh wait I think I actually inherited that and have had it with me since I was born. Yep, I'm a HUGE procrastinator. I've been working in our garage the last few days and my plan today was to finish the last part of it and be done with it. Well of course I got on Pinterest, and read my daily foodie blogs and of course I got the itch to cook/bake something. What about the garage you ask? There's always tomorrow! :) Here's what I made today:



Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (aka Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits)
recipe from HERE

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
3/4 cup cold whole milk
4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese

Brush on Top:

2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch salt

Directions:


1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.

3. Drop approximately 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.

4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.

5. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in the garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits.

*NOTE: I didn't have garlic powder so I used garlic salt.

Man did these come out tasting like cheddar biscuit heaven! So easy and fast to make, these are easily whipped up because of the cold butter and milk you don't have to wait for the butter to get at room temp and to me that is great! I also added a little more cheese and butter than it stated cause yes you guessed it another addiction CHEESE!

I also made Chocolate Toffee Shortbread bars but they are chilling in the fridge, will cut, photograph and post tomorrow!

Goodnight :)

No comments: